Therapist Assisted Online (TAO)
What is TAO?
1) Tao is a seven-week, interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety.
2) TAO is based on well researched and highly effective strategies for helping anxiety.
3) Each of the seven weeks, participants will watch videos, complete exercises, and meet with a counselor via video conferencing for a 10-15 minute consultation.
4) Weekly exercises take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
5) Interested in learning more? Check out a sample TAO session.
What are the experiences of UF students using TAO?
During the Fall 2013 Semester, we compared outcomes for individual face-to-face psychotherapy, group psychotherapy and Therapist Assisted Online for students with anxiety across seven sessions. Results from our pilot study indicated that TAO participants' symptoms were reduced and functioning was increased at or above the level of participants in our traditional counseling services.
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled students who want help with anxiety and worry.
- Students who have access to computer with webcam.
- Students who are not experiencing severe depression.
- Students without a current substance abuse problem.
- If taking medication, must have been on the same dose for at least one month prior to starting the treatment.
- 18 years old or older.
How do I sign up?
- Call the Counseling and Wellness Center and ask to schedule a TAO triage appointment.
- If you are already seeing a counselor, then tell your counselor you are interested.
We look forward to helping with your anxiety in TAO!