Requests for Documentation
We are usually able to provide documentation of services or letters of support for current and former clients. However, if you have never been a client at the Counseling and Wellness Center, we are probably not the best source of support for your petition and may not be able to provide you a letter.
Current and former clients may need documentation of services received at the CWC. For example, documentation of services is typically required for petitions related to withdrawal from classes or arrangements with financial aid. Follow the steps below to obtain documentation.
Step 1: Request Documentation
- Petition Support Letters.
- Speak to your counselor or provider if you need a petition support letter, such as for withdrawal from classes or reinstatement of financial aid. Tell your provider the purpose of the letter and share complete contact information for the letter recipient. If your provider is no longer on staff at the CWC, you may obtain a letter by completing the documentation request form.
- Note that petition committees generally only view support letters favorably when they are written by a provider with whom you have established a working relationship. If you have met with a CWC provider for only 1-2 visits, the provider can only offer a visit verification form (see below).
Step 2: Provide Authorization
- Bring a photo ID and visit the CWC to sign a release of information form. The CWC cannot release any information about you without your signed authorization. You may retrieve your letter or documentation when you sign this form, provided that it is available at that time.
- Bring a photo ID when retrieving your documentation from the CWC.
- Allow 30 days for the processing of documentation requests.
- The CWC does not keep records beyond 10 years.