Requests for Documentation

We are usually able to provide documentation of services or letters of support for current and former clients. However, if you have never been a client at the Counseling and Wellness Center, we are probably not the best source of support for your petition and may not be able to provide you a letter.

Current and former clients may need documentation of services received at the CWC. For example, documentation of services is typically required for petitions related to withdrawal from classes or arrangements with financial aid. Follow the steps below to obtain documentation.

Step 1: Request Documentation

  • Old paper and quill penPetition Support Letters.
    • Speak to your counselor or provider if you need a petition support letter, such as for withdrawal from classes or reinstatement of financial aid. Tell your provider the purpose of the letter and share complete contact information for the letter recipient. If your provider is no longer on staff at the CWC, you may obtain a letter by completing the documentation request form.
    • Note that petition committees generally only view support letters favorably when they are written by a provider with whom you have established a working relationship. If you have met with a CWC provider for only 1-2 visits, the provider can only offer a visit verification form (see below).
  • Treatment Records. You may wish to share records regarding your treatment with another professional. To request records, complete the documentation request form.

  • Visit Verification Forms. You may ask your provider for a visit verification form, which is official documentation that you received services on a particular date. This could be helpful to share with a professor who desires proof of services. Note that for the purpose of petitions, a visit verification form typically is not an adequate substitute for a support letter from a provider with whom you have an established working relationship.

Step 2: Provide Authorization

  • Bring a photo ID and visit the CWC to sign a release of information form. The CWC cannot release any information about you without your signed authorization. You may retrieve your letter or documentation when you sign this form, provided that it is available at that time.

Please Note

  • Bring a photo ID when retrieving your documentation from the CWC.
  • Allow 30 days for the processing of documentation requests.
  • The CWC does not keep records beyond 10 years.




About Us

The staff of the CWC includes licensed psychologists, licensed mental health counselors, clinical social workers, psychiatrists, psychiatric fellows, psychiatric nurse practitioners, postdoctoral associates, psychology interns, counselor education  interns, and practicum counselors. All of our staff are generalists and see students presenting with a variety of issues. 

Click here for a complete listing of our staff.

Click here to view our annual reports.

Find us on FacebookFind us on TwitterFind us on Youtube

Come See Us

Office Hours
8am-5pm  Appointments & Emergency Walk-ins


CWC logo


horizontal line to divide contentCounseling and Wellness Center
3190 Radio Rd.
PO Box 112662
Gainesville, FL 32611-2662
horizontal line to divide content

ph: (352)392-1575      fx:(352)273-4738