Faculty and Staff Resources
To learn more about how to help stressed students,
click to go to online training.
Staff members of CWC are available to consult with students, faculty, administrators, and colleagues in the university community on issues related to the emotional and psychological well-being of individual students or other members of the university community. Staff members also are available to campus departments, agencies, organizations, task forces, and committees to address overall issues affecting the climate of life on campus.
Please call 352-392-1575 if you would like to consult with a CWC staff member.
Crisis and Emergency Resource Center (CERC)
Description of Services: The Crisis and Emergency Resource Center is located in Peabody Hall [adjacent to Criser Hall]. The CERC is a service of the Counseling and Wellness Center and provides emergency walk-in crisis stabilization and a range of consultation and training services for UF faculty and staff. Faculty and Staff may contact the CERC by calling 352-392-1575 and asking for the CERC receptionist.
- Emergency walk-in consultation and counseling for students accompanied by faculty or staff
- Phone consultation for faculty and staff related to students exhibiting troubled, disturbing or disruptive behaviors
Click here for video presentation
Scheduling for departmental or group trainings including:
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Working with the Troubled or Disruptive Student
- Small group workshops on the Faculty 911 Guide
- Developing a Departmental or Group Intervention Plan
- Workshops on Effective Listening and Helping Skills for Faculty and Staff
- Guest classroom lectures on topics related to Mental Health and the College Student and Crisis Intervention in Higher Education
- For further information call the CERC at 352-392-1575 [ask for the CERC receptionist] or come by Peabody Hall.
Following self-help information regarding faculty and staff resources is available at our self-help library:Faculty and Staff Resources