Crisis and Emergency Resource Center (CERC)
Resources provided include:
The Crisis and Emergency Resource Center is located in Peabody Hall (adjacent to Criser Hall). The CERC is a service of the Counseling and Wellness Center and provides emergency walk-in crisis stabilization and a range of consultation and training services for UF faculty and staff. Faculty and Staff may contact the CERC by calling 352-392-1575 and asking for the CERC receptionist.
· Emergency walk-in consultation and counseling for students accompanied by faculty or staff
· Phone consultation for faculty and staff related to students exhibiting troubled, disturbing or disruptive behaviors
· Scheduling for departmental or group trainings including:
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Working with the Troubled or Disruptive Student
- Small group workshops on the Faculty 911 Guide
- Developing a Departmental or Group Intervention Plan
- Workshops on Effective Listening and Helping Skills for Faculty and Staff
· Guest classroom lectures on topics related to Mental Health and the College Student and Crisis Intervention in Higher Education
For further information call the CERC at 352-392-1575 (ask for the CERC receptionist) or come by the 4th floor of Peabody Hall.