AWARE | Awareness Wellness Ambassadors Reaching Everyone
What is AWARE?
An undergraduate ambassador program for the University of Florida Counseling and Wellness Center.
What is our purpose?
To establish a campus environment supportive of healthy lifestyles, mental health awareness and emotional and physical wellness through outreach initiatives.
What is our mission?
To provide wellness and mental health awareness outreach initiatives for the UF community and surrounding Gainesville area, as well as, reduce the stigma towards seeking mental health resources and services.
What are our goals?
- Educate the campus and the surrounding community about the resources and services offered at the Counseling and Wellness Center
- Offer programs that focus on the awareness and prevention of mental health illnesses
- Provide current and accurate information on mental, emotional and physical wellness
- Promote healthy lifestyle behavior
- Reduce/remove the stigma towards seeking mental health resources and services
- Offer tips and tools to obtain campus-wide emotional wellness (ultimately enhancing academic and/or work performance.)
AWARE Coordinator, Shari Isaacs
AWARE Director of External Programming, Patrick Joseph
AWARE Director of Internal Programming, Collin Vernay
AWARE Director of Recruitment and Elections, Kevin Sosa
AWARE Secretary, Terique McKenzie
AWARE Supervisors, Brandi Pritchett-Johnson, Ph.D. and Brian Ess, Ph.D.
For more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARE Ambassadors, AWARE Constitution